Thinking about building a new Shopify store?
If you want to maximize your sales, you better equip yourself with a responsive theme.
Your online store should be able to dynamically change according to the device it’s being viewed on.
A truly responsive website has a flexible layout that smoothly changes from one form to another — accommodating different screen sizes with ease.
While this was considered optional in the past, today it is pretty much mandatory.
It lets your potential customers:
- Read all the text on your pages without zooming.
- Tap whatever they want with ease.
- Easily navigate the site without horizontally scrolling.
- Switch between landscape and portrait without issues.
With that in mind, we went through over 50 different Shopify themes on ThemeForest, to discover the cream of the crop when it comes to responsive design.
So, let’s get to it — here are the 15 best responsive Shopify themes:
Developer: Roar Theme
One of the best-selling Shopify themes found on ThemeForest.
It’s designed with multipurpose in mind, and comes with several essential widgets included, such as customizable sliders and a cookie consent popup for EU visitors.
• Compressed Code – As hinted at in the name, all of the JS and CSS code in Fastor is compressed into a single file, making your pages load faster.
• Video Tutorials – Step-by-step video tutorials are included with your purchase. These make the installation and configuration of the theme much easier for beginners.
• 57+ Pre-Made Skins – Quickly change the look of your online store by applying a different skin
• Hover Effect – Choose between 10 different hover effects for your banners.
• Testimonials – A widget that easily lets you create and insert testimonials with HTML or page content, and put it in a carousel presentation.
Developer: Arena Theme
A clean-looking theme with a user-friendly vertical menu.
The overall look is somewhat reminiscent of Amazon.
As the name implies, this one was built with electronics and gadgets in mind.
• Collection Variations — Choose between 3 layout styles, and 4 modes of listing.
• Countdown Timer — Includes a smart widget that lets you add countdowns to specific time-limited product deals.
• Up-Sells — Enable upsells from the shopping cart without the need for additional apps.
• Mega Menu — With this feature, the entire display grid layout can be shown at once, including text, images and product info.
• Mobile Touch Slideshow — A responsive, movable slider that can display multi-layered images and video.
Developer: Halo Themes
One of the top Shopify themes when it comes to fashion niches.
The information blocks are neatly organized, and the frontpage has a banner where you can place a call to action.
• Simple Block Building — All of the blocks can be edited and managed from within the admin section.
• Instant Add To Cart — Enables your customers to add items to their carts without delay or leaving the current page.
• Drop-Down Cart — Makes it possible to view the shopping cart via a simple drop-down menu, so customers can view it from whatever page they want.
• Flex Slider — Create slideshows with customizable transition effects.
• Layered Navigation — Easily filter products by color, size, prize or brand.
This theme is based on the official Shopify framework Timber, with many added features.
Qrack has previously been featured by ThemeForest.
It has a clean-cut look with a modern feel to it.
• Currency Switcher — Enables customers to quickly switch between currencies with a simple drop-down menu.
• Quick View — Let your visitors look through product images and details without leaving their current page.
• Social Widgets — Built-in Twitter and Instagram widgets lets you easily showcase your feeds on your website.
• Grid & List — Website visitors can switch between a grid and list layout of your store.
• Related Products — Automatically generated “related products” (up-sell) feature available for use on every product page.
Developer: Roar Theme
Another best-seller by Roar Themes.
The main draw of this theme, besides being fully responsive, is it’s intuitive, orderly design, which creates a smooth user experience.
• Recently Viewed Products — Makes it simple for visitors to scroll back to an item of interest they looked at earlier.
• Countdown Slider — Add a countdown timer to your main slider, highlighting an ongoing sale or other event.
• Discounts For Tweets — Offer your customers a small discount if they tweet out a link to your store. Simple, automated twitter marketing.
• Wishlist — Enable your visitors to add items to a wish list, so they can easily come back and buy what they want at a later date.
• Rich Snippets — Includes Google’s rich product snippets, for all your SEO needs.
A very popular multipurpose theme (over 17000 users between all platforms) with incredibly flexible layout options.
A great fit for those who like fine-tuning things to their exact liking.
• Unlimited Header Options — Customize the header style, placement, colors and more.
• Homepage Variations — Choose between 20 different homepage layouts for your eshop.
• 300+ Admin Features — Powerful backend editor with a wide array of options.
• Highly Flexible Layout — Play around with almost every single page element, including max width, sidebars, grids and boxes.
• RTL Compatible — Porto has built-in right-to-left language support.’
A huge multipurpose theme with over 70 different designs to choose from.
It was launched in 2015, and has accumulated more and more styles along with the frequent updates.
• Oberlo Ready — The theme has built-in support for the popular ecommerce app Oberlo, which helps streamline the dropshipping process from A-Z.
• International Reach — Easily translate the language of your online store with the Shopify language editor.
• Simple Social Sharing — Share buttons available on each individual product encourage organic marketing.
• Dropdown Mega Menu — Gives your customers an optional method of viewing lots of info at once, without leaving the page they’re currently on.
• Advanced Slides — You can use responsive slideshows with special effects, such as parallax.
Developer: Arena Theme
A stylish ecommerce theme specifically made for the crafting niches.
Could also be used for markets with similar products, such as kitchenware or small furniture.
• Ajax Live Search — As visitors type in the search bar, they’ll get a list of auto-completed suggestions. No app needed.
• Layered Navigation — Users can filter products based on many different variables, such as price range, categories and tags.
• Ajax Cart & Wish List — Lets potential buyers easily access their cart and wish list without leaving the current page.
• Mailchimp Popup — If you use Mailchimp, you can employ the built-in signup popup to build your email list.
• Dynamic Slideshows — Add videos to your slideshows with minimal effect on your page load speed.
A minimalist theme with 25 different designs included.
It has drag and drop functionalities, and prioritizes speed and ease of use.
• One-Click Demo Install — If you like any of the demo content, you can easily install it on your site right away, and use it as a template.
• Fonts Galore — Over 600 Google fonts are included in the Basel theme. These can be used individually for body, headings, menus and more.
• Speedy — As part of the minimalist design philosophy, most of the code has been made with page load speed in mind.
• Rich Snippets — Includes full support of Google’s rich snippets, which may improve your search engine rankings.
• Unlimited Color Schemes — Change the primary and alternate color of any element, such as buttons, footers and links.
Another minimalist Shopify theme, but with a higher emphasis on the visual elements.
It has a very modern look, and is well-suited for jewelry, fashion and other similar markets.
• Flexible Header — One of the most complex elements found in Logancee, the header can be tailored to fit your exact preferences.
• Ajax Quickview — Store visitors can easily check the details of any product without leaving or reloading their current page.
• Ajax Cart — As with the product details, the shopping cart can be used and viewed without any interruptions to the user experience.
• Simple Layout Switch — Quickly change the look of your layout styles without having to tinker with the details.
• Social Buttons — Customize your social share buttons to include the platforms of your choice.
Developer: Adorn Themes
A fairly new, very elegant theme that’s made for fashion and other similar niches, such as jewelry and accessories.
• Collection Tabs — Use a premade section to set up collection tabs on your homepage.
• Testimonials — Belle lets you show customer testimonials on your pages by using a customizable slider.
• Autocomplete Search — The search bar suggests products to your visitors as they type.
• 300+ Admin Options — Powerful backend editor with a wide array of options for detailed customization.
• Product Videos — The theme comes with a widget that lets you neatly incorporate videos on your product’s sales pages.
As the name implies, this theme is all about maximizing the speed of your Shopify store.
That being said, it’s still highly customizable, and can be used for many different ecommerce niches.
• High Speed — Optimized for page load speed, the Fastest theme boasts a Google speed test score as high as 97/100 on both desktop and mobile.
• Stickers & Labels — You can add image and text labels on your products, such as “sale” or “20% off”.
• Wishlist Pro — Customers can create a multi-layered wish list that sorts products based on category.
• Flying Ajax Cart — Customizable effect that shows products fly towards the shopping carts when added.
• Blog Extension — The theme has a set of functions dedicated to ecommerce blogging. A blog can be used to gain organic search traffic and/or build your store’s brand.
Developer: Adart Studio
A cheaper option for a fashion-based Shopify store.
It specializes in having deep customization on the backend, while still maintaining a sleek, elegant look on the frontend.
• Highly Customizable — Over 360 different options to tinker with, allowing you to carefully craft the appearance best suited for your brand.
• Quickview — Visitors can view a product’s info from popup quickview windows.
• Drag & Drop — Sections can be easily moved around in the editor with a drag and drop mode.
• Minicart — Your customers can easily access their shopping carts, either with a dropdown or off-canvas window.
• Featured Collection — Create a featured item collection on your frontpage, with a carousel or grid presentation.
Developer: Tarda Theme
As the name suggests, this theme is well-suited for electronics, gadgets or digital products.
Due to the organization and dimensions of the grids, you can display a large number of items on one page.
• Lightbox Login — If your site has a registration option, people can use a lightbox module to log in to the site.
• Drag & Drop — Page elements can be easily arranged to your liking by dragging and dropping.
• Multi-Currency — Customers can quickly switch between currencies from within your online shop.
• Suggested Products — This can be toggled on to show users suggested products based on their browsing and purchasing history.
• Instagram Feeder — Connect an Instagram account to your ecommerce store and display a feed of images directly on your website.
Developer: Adart Studio
Description: The Virgo theme is built with multi-purpose in mind, but is best used for markets where bigger images are appropriate.
• Product Labels — Apply labels to whatever products you like, for sales and other special events.
• Smart Color Switch — Automatically selects the appropriate image, price and availability of a product when customers select a different color.
• Newsletter Popup — Grow your email list with a built-in newsletter signup popup box.
• Ajax Filter — Potential customers can easily find exactly what they’re looking for by using the advanced product filter.
• Unlimited Colors — Change the color of everything, from buttons to headers, to whatever you like.
And That’s It!
That concludes our list of the 15 best responsive Shopify themes on ThemeForest.
As you can see, there’s quite a lot to choose from, and the prices are more or less on the same level.
All of the included Shopify themes are high quality — we made sure of that.
However, it’s always a good idea to read through the customer reviews if you’re feeling unsure.
Whatever ecommerce niche you’re looking to enter, you should have no trouble finding at least 1 or 2 suitable themes here.
Now, it’s time to choose your favorite, and begin building your new online shop!